OBJECTIVE: Completing projects related to structured cabling, audiovisual (A/V) system installations, surveillance and security system installations, and the installation of several other low voltage technologies.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily project reports to PMO office, which include work completed, as well as labor and material use when needed.
- Utilize project SOW and drawings to work with Project Managers and Superintendents, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget, according to customer needs and specifications.
- Ensure team is following CEC safety policies and procedures, industry standards, and best practices to produce top quality workmanship in a safe and efficient manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective and harmonious working relationship with onsite project team and contractors while promoting positive morale.
- Stay current on best practices and industry specifications as it relates to the installation of low-voltage technology systems.
- Provide onsite training and mentoring of less experienced team members.
- Serve as backup to the Project Foreman when needed; Lead day to day job site activities, including; site setup, communicate project progress and updates as needed to internal and customer contacts, address obstacles that come up.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- 2+ years experience in a construction related industry.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Low-voltage industry certifications; NICET, BICSI, OSHA, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with low-voltage security or A/V systems, including; CCTV, card access, fire alarm, video surveillance, mass notification, intercom, video conferencing, control systems, digital signage, etc.
- Knowledge of CEC product partner systems, including but not limited to: AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom, Rauland Borg, AMAG, Assa Abloy, Axis, Bosch, EST, Lenel, ASCOM, Motorola, Brocade, Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, Shoretel, VMWare, Sophos, etc.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment).
- Problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers, as well as safely operate hand and electric power tools.
- Ability to climb, carry, operate, and work upon a ladder.
- Ability to work in tight places by bending, reaching, twisting and grasping.
- Dexterity to work with small components.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 75lbs.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment options
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.