SUMMARY: The physical installation of communications hardware, including fiber optics cabling and electronic devices, installed in the most efficient and effective manner and that represents the highest standards in quality; and maintains a professional and safe working atmosphere at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Data, voice, video, and fiber optic cable placement;
- Wire termination, data, voice, video and fiber optic cables;
- Multi-conductor copper and fiber optic splicing.
- Data, voice and video hardware installation;
- Provide proper care and maintenance of CEC and customer owned equipment;
- Full compliance of CEC and customer’s safety programs;
- Maintains a clean working environment;
- Operation of power tools, drills, saws, vehicles, and man lifts;
- Operation of cable testing equipment for data and fiber optic cables, and
- Other duties as assigned by CEC Management.
- May have temporary responsibilities during projects leads absence (sick day /vacation)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license or legal method of arriving to job site/meeting location.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS:
- Manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of communications systems and industry standard guidelines.
- High mechanical aptitude
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with both external and internal customers.
- Strong work ethic and quality control oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and customer service skills
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some lifting of up to 100 pounds required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from job site to job site.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Some odd work shifts.
- Some travel required and may have to provide own vehicle to work site.
- Familiar with OSHA Guidelines.
- Some out of town travel may be required.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.