Assist the physical installation of communications systems on all assigned projects. Work alongside the project team to ensure safety and quality objectives are met by adhering to industry standards and best practices.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Kick-Off Meeting: Verify understanding of the project plan, safety requirements and task responsibilities.
- Executing Project Plan:
- Follow daily work project plan including safe work practices and requirements.
- Communicate changes in the SOW to assigned Project Lead and/or PMO and follow adapted project plan as needed.
- Assist in cable pathway construction, cable pulling, device terminations, and system testing.
- Produces quality and efficient work.
- Assist in creating a punch list and system testing.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment.
- Arrives to the job site on time and is self-driven to accomplish needed tasks.
- Works as supportive team member, listening and gathering technical skill sets.
- Closing the Project: Verify all assigned project tasks were complete and ensure cleanliness of project site.
- Post Project Meetings: Provide input to PMO on project management processes, procedures, tools, and best practices for improvement.
- Service: On Call Duties as assigned.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- 1 safety related certification
- 1+ years of experience within CEC or similar company.
- Industry certifications and internal trainings can/will be obtained during the first year of employment to meet the minimum qualifications when applicable.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment) and working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively speak and understand English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 50lbs.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities are also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply