Assist the physical installation of communications systems on all assigned projects. Work alongside the project team to ensure safety and quality objectives are met by adhering to industry standards and best practices.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follows instructions and guidance given by Project Superintendent and Project Foreman in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follows CEC safety policies & procedures, industry standard requirements and common best practices to produce top quality workmanship.
- Communicates customer or project needs to Project Foreman in a timely and professional manner to overcome challenges or obstacles encountered.
- Maintains effective and harmonious working relationships with on-site project team and contractors while engaging in positive morale.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment.
- Arrives to the job site on time and is self-driven to accomplish needed tasks.
- Works as supportive team member, listening and gathering technical skill sets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- 0-1+ years of experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Rauland nurse call and healthcare communication systems
- Experience with low voltage security systems, including; card access, cctv, intrusion detection, etc.
- Problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks preferred.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment) and working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required, up to 50lbs.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.