Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for an Inspector at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Inspector independently inspects, tests, functions mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, components, tools, dies, templates, fixtures, first off parts, for conformance to the technical requirements and determines serviceability. Must be able to read drawings and use measurement equipment. Conducts survey inspection as required. Inspects special processes such as welding, heat treat, and chemical processes, physical testing and conducts other test methods not detrimental to the part. Performs digital data capture functions using computer driven measurement interface instruments, including the use of provided programmed routines (programs). Performs analysis, evaluation and report functions in support of one off tooling and production/fabrication requirements (including first offs and tape proves) to supplied engineering drawings, electronic data sets, CAD models or agreed to media using computer driven measurement interface instruments. Maintains records and documentation as required.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to conduct visual examination of parts for workmanship against written standards.
- Understands Inspection concepts and has experience applying dimensional inspection related to tolerances, finishes, workmanship standards, and geometric tolerance symbols.
- Experience using and selecting the appropriate inspection tool to proficiently measure parts, using standard measuring instruments such as pi tapes, micrometers, thread gauges, calipers, surface finish comparators, air gauges, borescopes etc.
- Must meet Visual Acuity Requirements as outlined by Company policies/requirements.
- Qualify for consideration by demonstrating competency by successfully completing a written assessment of skills such as mathematics, including basic trigonometry.
- Must be able to work within company requirements for Safety, Health, and Environment, and F.O.D.
- Knowledge of special processes such as welding, heat treat, chemical processing, physical testing, and NDT is considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to read , write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
Successful applicant will be placed in an intensive internal training program, including classroom time. The applicant will be expected to successfully complete this training, including a final written exam and practical exam, within a specified period of time to remain eligible.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.