Work on a small team to assist with the testing of fire alarm, smoke detection, and other life safety systems.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring fire alarm control panels during system inspections, ensuring connected devices are testing correctly.
- Documentation of panel test results for various devices throughout the building, including alarm pull stations, smoke detectors, and sprinkler alarms.
- Communicate testing results and discrepancies to team, addressing any alarm malfunctions immediately.
- Reviewing paper and online documentation, utilizing checklists to ensure each device scheduled for testing gets tested.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven success in a position that requires extreme attention to detail.
- Customer service related work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years of experience in the alarm inspection industry.
- 2+ years of experience in a position working within a team setting.
- Former military, fire, police, or security experience – professionally or volunteer.
- Experience within an industry that involves regulatory or compliance processed focused work.
- Two-year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in electronics, construction, or computer science.
- NICET I certification
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows Suite).
- Preferred knowledge of a CRM and document management.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.