For over 120 years, our MI-based client has delivered excellence, expertise, and quality products. At well over $10B in annual revenue, they’ve become the largest family-operated company of their kind in North America by being passionately committed to their customers and employees alike.
The Insights Delivery Manager leverages user experience/design, data visualization, and analytics to ensure that the organization is adopting best practices and standards that drive deeper, more meaningful engagement with our data. They will build a team of designers that will develop a set of enterprise level dashboards and assist with other data visualization initiatives. They will also use business acumen and excellent communication skills to explore new and innovative ways to deliver insights across our enterprise.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drive the insights delivery strategy at the enterprise level.
- Develop and maintain a set of visualization best practices, standards, and templates to promote consistency.
- Provide strategic direction for a team of designers on the Insights and Analytics Team.
- Develop and execute an enterprise dashboard strategy across the major functions and business units.
- Provide strategic leadership on next generation insight delivery trends finding new, innovative ways to deliver information to users.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and retains staff. Mentors, motivates, and develops staff and acts as a role model and resource. Conducts performance monitoring, initiating follow through with disciplinary action and termination, if needed and in consultation with Human Resources when appropriate for the department.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- UI/UX background, focused on delivering data insights to users that demonstrates a practical understanding of key design principles.
- The ability to translate complex or ambiguous data into intuitive, interactive user interfaces.
- Strong data visualization design skills across web, mobile, etc. demonstrated through a robust portfolio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts.
- Understanding of other insight delivery technologies such as natural language processing.
- Ability to perform data wrangling and knowledge of SQL, Python, and R.
- Experience working in agile environments.
- 3+ years of data visualization experience.
- Experience in leading a team with multiple direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Visual Design, Web Programming, User Interface Design or related area.