Our MSP (Managed Service Provider) client in Mississauga (close to Pearson Airport) is looking for an Infrastructure Specialist or System Administrator/ Engineer that is open to working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Define server and storage requirements by working closely with business operations and customers, provision required servers and storage, then hand off infrastructure to application teams
- Investigate and resolve server and storage access, performance, and capacity issues
- Design and delivery of highly-available and site resilient solution designs based on industry best practices and standards
- Document solution designs and implementation procedures, and complete knowledge transfer of projects to the operation groups
- Monitor server and storage systems by defining and configuring performance-based and capacity-based indicators and alerts
- Perform regular maintenance of server and storage systems, apply security patches and bug fixes, and hardware and software upgrades
- Participate in the evaluation and testing of new server systems and storage solutions
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of server and storage systems to resolve operational issues and restore services with adherence to SLAs within a 7x24x365 operational environment
- Complete time logs to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
- Follow established change management process
- Coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders (including but not limited to Facilities, other IT Teams, IT Security, Compliance, Business Continuity and other Business and Vendor Primes) in order to accomplish business objectives in a timely manner
- Any other duties as assigned by management
STACK IT Recruitment Inc.
- Advanced knowledge with the Microsoft technology stack (Windows Server, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Active Directory)
- Advanced knowledge with VMware infrastructure virtualization
- Advanced knowledge with enterprise storage technologies (Dell/EMC, Pure Storage)
- Experience with enterprise data protection and archiving technologies
- Experience with storage networking (fibre channel, iSCSI)
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop
- Experience with F5 BIG-IP LTM network load-balancing
- Experience with Cisco UCS Infrastructure
- Familiar with network routing, switching, and firewall configurations
- Familiar with IT disaster recovery process
- Familiar with PCI DSS compliance
- Familiar with contact centre BPO organizations
, based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!