The ideal candidate will have advanced technical support of Windows based server systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, email and unified communications, security access controls, data networking, and backup/DR, etc. The position also requires personal and administrative skills, such as initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, project assessment, scoping, estimation, time allocation/tracking, documentation, communication, and testing and solution deployment.
If you have an energetic attitude which thrives on collaboration and teamwork, inspiring talent, and working with the best in class team, we are interested in having you join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Infrastructure Engineer III will provide support to the Infrastructure Engineering Team and their customer base.
- Provides advanced technical support for each client’s server-based systems and environment as a whole.
- Provides advanced technical support for each client’s collaborative technology, including email and unified communication systems.
- Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s virtualization and shared storage environments.
- Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s data network, including configuration, performance and security.
- Works with the operations team to monitor and respond to events to ensure client system uptime and stability.
- Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified.
- Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required.
- Provides timely and clear communications to the client and the other members of the technical team.
- Performs project assessments, scoping and cost estimates.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
- Advanced knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies and methodology
- Advanced understanding of Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
- Advanced knowledge of antivirus/malware and patch management technologies
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Advanced knowledge of collaborative technologies, such as Microsoft Exchange
- Intermediate understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows and network security best practices and strategies
- Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and assigned tasks
- Advanced level diagnostic method and skills in a variety of environments
- Intermediate project management skills; task-focused and results-oriented delivery
- Effective both independently and as a member of a team
- Customer service and performance driven
- Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
Experience & Education
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent training preferred
- 2 - 5 years of experience in Information Technology infrastructure support
- 2-5 years of end user and back-end support
- Relevant Certifications: MCSE, CCNA