Information Systems Manager
The IS Manager will plan, coordinate, and direct computer-related activities by determining the technology needs of the company and making hardware- and software-related proposals and decisions to meet those needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Company's overall IT infrastructure, applications, and business systems strategy as well as execution.
- Safeguard information assets, technologies, and ensure business continuity.
- Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- Collaborates with users, vendors, technicians, and managers to understand and assess technology needs and requirements.
- Provide leadership to IT specialists and other staff within the company.
- Create and adapt technological platforms to improve the client experience.
- Communicates the goals, policies, and procedures of the company to the CIS team; develops plans to implement these needs.
- Evaluates current technology use and needs of the company and recommends software and hardware improvements.
- Remains current on advances in technology.
- Prepares and delivers operational or project progress reports.
- Implements and oversees operational budget and expenditures.
- Hires and coordinates training of business automation activity workers on the CIS team.
- Prioritizes and assigns team members to CIS projects.
Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in developing, architecting, and deploying enterprise software.
- Thorough understanding of CIS principles, programs, policies, activities, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to explain technical problems and offer solutions to a broad audience.
Education and/or Experience, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, or related field required.
- Related experience preferred.