As an Infection Preventionist, you will be responsible for recognizing and isolating outbreaks of infectious diseases. Travel is required statewide for meetings and assessments. An MVR will be required for compliance. Position is Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Provide consultation and education to staff, physicians and community leaders in respect to Infection Prevention & Control.
- Conduct risk assessments with consideration of served populations, regional vulnerabilities, relevant statistical data, and new and emerging infectious diseases.
- Develop and implement continuously improved patient care procedures and control mechanisms relating to quality compliance and infectious diseases.
- Participate in infection prevention and control education for all employees during orientation and annually thereafter.
- Ensure the infection prevention and control procedures meet CMS, DNV, county and state, APIC and CDC regulations, standards or guidelines.
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in infection prevention in an acute care facility.
- Bachelors degree required.
If you’re interested, please contact Kelly at Kellyd@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!