Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse (RN)
Show Low, Arizona
Our client is looking for an infection control nurse to develop and implement strategies for infection prevention throughout the healthcare continuum. The Infection Preventionist will shape and interpret the standards required to ensure safe and quality outcomes and will provide guidance and education related to infection prevention. In addition, this position will provide guidance and education for health issues in the community.
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate data regarding organizational infection patterns and trending.
- Develop action plans as indicated to reverse negative trending.
- Monitor for seasonal outbreaks.
- Monitor procedural aseptic techniques.
- Monitor appropriate use of isolation techniques, personal protective equipment, hand hygiene, and other means of infection prevention as needed.
- Provide regulatory oversight related to infection prevention including the regulatory reporting of infections as necessary to be compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Report appropriate communicable diseases to the State and County.
- Report surveillance results on a regular basis to Administration and Governing Board through the Quality Initiative.
- Monitor (spot-checks) environmental sanitation in all areas of Association as indicated.
- Collaborate with Antibiotic Stewardship Committee to help educate providers and staff regarding appropriate use of antibiotics.
- Collaborate with all departments on issues relating to infection prevention.
- Conduct annual risk assessments in collaboration with Patient Quality and Safety (PQS) Committee to identify organizational priorities for reducing the risk of infection.
- Collaborate with Occupational Health Department when employee exposure to infectious disease occurs.
- Collaborate with Local and State Health Departments in the event of outbreaks of disease.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field (required).
- Master’s in Nursing or Public Health (preferred)
- Current AZ RN license (required).
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) (required within 24 months).
- Membership in the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) (required within 3 months).
- CPR Certification (required within 30 days of hire date).
- Computer experience (required).
- 2-4 years previous experience in a clinical setting (required).
- 2-4 years previous managerial experience (preferred).
To learn more or apply, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!