Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley Station has a great opportunity for an Industrial Millwright. The successful incumbent will inspect, repair and maintain mechanical equipment in and out of plant and reports condition of equipment to supervisor. This position offers a wide range of interesting hands on challenges while working with specialized equipment, and processes. Located in the scenic Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew we have an immediate opening for a Certified Industrial Millwright. Pay rate: $41.08 per hour. Rotating shifts - days and afternoons.
• Repair parts, lubricants, steel sections, wood and plastics, foundry resins and catalysts, compressed gas, chlorethane and So2 gas.
• Receives work assignment from foreman or production personnel in the event of breakdown.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspection on equipment and reports.
• Trouble shoots mechanical-hydraulic, CNC and pneumatic equipment.
• Notifies supervisor of any repairs required.
• Maintains equipment for proper operating characteristics.
• Assembles and aligns gears, bearings and shafts, etc.
• Operates machine tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
• Performs steel fabrication as required with or without drawings.
• Performs all woodworking jobs as required.
• May be required to perform preventative maintenance and repairs to for lift trucks, other than propane.
• Fills out work orders on completion of jobs.
• Works at various heights performing required maintenance.
• Cleans up after completing job.
• Plumbing as required.
• Notifies foreman of any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material.
• Maintains clean working area.
• Observes plant safety rules and regulations.
• Completion of a formal apprenticeship training program.
• A minimum of 3 years related experience
• Must possess certification for Industrial Millwright (Red Seal)• Possess strong troubleshooting skills
• Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of mechanical electrical systems
• Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, welding and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs will be considered assets
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)