Hire Military Talent Job Description
Position: Industrial Mechanic
Locations: Chattanooga, TN
Salary: $28+ DOE
Company: Our clients
We are looking for hard-working, reliable, and safety-minded individuals to join our team as Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for repairing, maintaining, and inspecting our auto shredder and concentrator. The Maintenance Mechanic performs basic to intermediate repair/troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs for all hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems; and will perform welding, machining, and metal fabrication.
This position will work outside in varying weather conditions, and Our clients strictly adhere to all Metals Recycling Business Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
Our client’s offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Choice of 2 Medical plans, with Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401k with a Company Match
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Incentives
- The company provided uniforms and PPE.
- Eligible for Safety and Profitability Bonuses
Responsibilities for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Conduct essential to moderately complex diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service and repair tasks for the auto shredder and concentrator's hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Complete routine inspections for misalignment, wear, and defect and conduct regular maintenance tasks with limited interruptions to production.
- Inspect, install, rig, modify, remove, and repair motors, belts, sensors, safety guards, etc.
- Maintain metal and belt conveyor systems.
- Maintains accurate records of all work performed.
- Communicates and works well with others safely and professionally.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly working area.
- Performs all tasks thoroughly within Our client’s Safety and Environmental practices and procedures.
Qualifications for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic:
- Vocational/Technical Industrial Maintenance Mechanic degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience working in a scrap metal recycling yard or medium to heavy industrial environment preferred.
- Willingness to work in varying weather conditions.
- Experience operating industrial equipment such as a forklift, skid steers, and hoists preferred.
- Must be willing to complete and pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
We seek friendly, flexible, hardworking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment. If this Industrial Mechanic description sounds like you, apply today!
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills.
An offer of employment by Our clients is contingent on completing a post-offer drug screen, physical exam, and background check with a credit check (if the position is specified).
All US applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Salary: $28+ DOE
Click here to apply online