Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Mechanic at our Rockwood Propellant Plant, located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
The Industrial Mechanic will be responsible for performing installations, as well as for testing and maintenance on all plant equipment and machines. This will include such equipment as vacuum pumps, air compressors, mixers, grinders, dust filtering equipment, boilers, etc. This position is also responsible for trouble shooting and repairing all plant equipment. The successful applicant will perform all duties in accordance with Company safety procedures and requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free parking
- Required grade twelve/XII high school diploma or equivalent
- Required Industrial Mechanics (Millwright) Red Seal Certified Interprovincial Standard Certification
- Fifth Class Power Engineering Certificate is preferred/desired
- Experience with trouble shooting and repairing plant equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance for plant machines and equipment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of up to date safety procedures and requirements
- A strong industrial mechanical background
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Ability to work safely at all times, within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE)
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.