This role will assist in developing, leading, and coordinating Magid's maintenance activities and projects which involve both mechanical and electrical components. This includes; set up, adjust, program and maintain industrial production machines to include presses, cutting machines, packaging equipment and other machines used in our manufacturing environment. This is a Hands-On position that contributes to overall plant success by participating or leading efforts to improve plant and employee safety, product quality, manufacturing costs and improving overall plant and equipment reliability. This is a 1st shift position - 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Requirements / Skills sets sought:
- Inspect, maintain and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they are always in proper working order
- Ability to identify priority and manage time correctly
- Assess performance problems and take appropriate corrective action
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using measuring and testing instruments
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating shortages, placing orders and expediting orders by priority
- Ability to work independently in locating and sourcing parts and services
- Utilize external vendors and resources when necessary, exercising discretion on when to delegate work externally
- Install new equipment and train operators on use and daily maintenance tasks
- Controls downtime by informing production team of routine preventative maintenance techniques, monitors compliance
- Perform tests and run initial batches to ensure machine is operating correctly
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Communicates effectively with production supervision and informs them of challenges and setbacks to maintenance plan
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- 2+ years in a machine repair environment.
- Proven experience working with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Proficient troubleshooting in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Customer focus, internal and external.
- Analytical problem-solving ability, process oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate, written and verbal; Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to coach and motivate.
- Proficient computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Strong presence on manufacturing floor continuously driving improvements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand/Walk up to 70% of Day including Up and Down Stairs
The Industrial Machinery Mechanic is an hourly paid position and offers comprehensive benefits plans to include medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401K plans, life insurance, and more.
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clean room, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disabled/veteran