Fortune 50 company located in the greater Portland area is currently in search for a Industrial Engineer to join one of their many expanding sites. Our client, one of the fastest growing companies is the world is looking for a talented Industrial Engineer that is looking to become a manager in the coming years. The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for planning the utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations. Establish work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization. Role model and demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout, and operation data, such as production costs, production flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities
- Confer with management and engineering associates to implement plans and recommendations
- Coordinate industrial engineering projects
- Develop facility layouts to establish Cartesian coordinates for all structures with a facility
- Develop management systems for cost analysis
- Direct and participate in special projects as needed
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Puts the Customer First
- Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly
- Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork
- Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence
- Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others
- Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence
- Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction
- Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness
- Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and a minimum of one year experience
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis
- Ability to travel independently up to 30% on a regular basis
- Provide excellent customer service, both internal and external customers
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be organized and ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with industrial engineering terms and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to continue education as necessary
- Industrial Engineering Level 1, Logistics
- Master’s Degree
- Project Development Engineer, Logistics
- Manager of Industrial Engineering and Lean Processes Development, Logistics
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.