A leading building materials manufacturer has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician/Instrument Technician
at our plant near Austin, Texas. This is an hourly position that will typically work day shift, Monday through Friday.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, installation/instruction manuals for both
- installing and troubleshooting AC/DC drives, controls is a must.
- Experience in heavy industrial environments is preferred.
- The prospective candidate must also demonstrate a history of safety awareness, safe work practices,
excellent attendance, positive attitude and the ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Pre-employment testing is required.
- High level of safety consciousness.
- Good communication skills.
- Planning and Organization Skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting skills.
- Energetic & self-motivated.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to perform basic computer operations.
- Ability to safely use hand & power tools, equipment & diagnostic devices.
- Ensures safety is an integral part of all job duties at all times.
- Observe company’s safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Response to emergency call-outs and some overtime are requirements of the position.
- Utilize testing tools such as multi-meter and meg-ohmmeter.
- Use of small hand tools required to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems such as motor controls, low
and medium voltage power, transformers, lighting and various safety devices.
- Maintaining and repairing instruments such as but not limited to gas analyzers, continuous
emissions, and opacity monitors.
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing temperature, pressure devices, mass weigh systems and all types of
- Troubleshooting of PLC control circuits and I/O drops, communication systems for data and control
systems is required.
- Ranging from knowledge of rail activities to truck routes to different customer needs. Also knowledge of
different cement types.