$50,000.00 - $55,000.00
The Import Supervisor is responsible for planning and directing the day-to-day activities of the Import Department to ensure that the needs of the customers are being met, and company objectives are being satisfied.
This position will oversee and ensure timely customs clearance and delivery to assigned import customers. The Import Supervisor will serve as a point of contact with the US Customs and Border Protection, as well as other government agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration, for assigned customers.
[ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES]
- Provides day to day supervision of assigned staff and oversees department activities.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by promptly and courteously responding to customer inquiries, issues, order processing and billing.
- Oversees timely customs clearance and delivery to assigned customers.
- Coordinates shipments with the importer.
- Gathers and analyzes data.
- Documentation-Ensures the accuracy of all documents, audits and maintains files.
- Approves vendor invoices.
- Bills entries to customers.
- Pierpass-Upload documents to Pierpass and process payments.
- Data entry, including in the ISF.
- Post Summary Corrections, as necessary.
- Interacts with other departmental management to achieve company objectives.
- Partners with Customs House Broker to assist with customer protests, including “Duty” refunds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Background in logistics coordination.
- Working knowledge and experience with US Customs procedures, and Tradepoint Alliance System.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with computer applications, including Microsoft Office 365, and G-Suite.