The Import Manager is a critical role in our organization that is responsible for overseeing the import of products from international clients. The Import Manager will work with a team of professionals to ensure that all imports are handled efficiently and in compliance with international and domestic regulations. They will also be responsible for managing the import process from start to finish, from working with suppliers to negotiating contracts and ensuring timely deliveries. The ideal candidate should have strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, as well as extensive experience in international trade and customs regulations.
Import Customs Clearance Management
- The Import Manager needs to supervise the customs clearance work of the
- Import Coordinators. Customs House Broker will comply with CBP compliance and communicate with customs as necessary.
- When the law is revised, we will confirm the details with customs and give guidance to the import staff.
- Others include customers BOND management, Post Summery Corrections and PSCs.
Customer Service Management
- Supervise and coordinate an even, daily workflow among Import Coordinators.
- Coordinate new accounts, gathering all necessary information and assigning accounts to Import Coordinators.
- Audit all new accounts and follow up on the responsibilities of the coordinator to ensure that customer needs have been met.
- Address the more complex and non-routine customer issues and requests.
- Direct and control the release of orders to shipping in a manner that ensures timely delivery to customers and meets company efficiency goals.
- Direct and oversee order processing and ensure that data entries on all documents such as bills of lading and inventory reports are accurate, timely, and cost effective.
- Direct and supervise the scheduling of incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure efficient resource utilization and achievement of customer service goals.
- Determine the most economical traffic patterns.
- Interface with Operations to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching.
- Schedule customer pickups as required.
- Direct the operations of the Import staffs to achieve prescribed objectives.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, develop and maintain a productive staff by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development.
- Gather and analyze data concerning department operations and customer requirements.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Customs Broker License
- Background in Logistics, Supply Chain, Freight or similar experience
- The position requires decision-making and problem-resolution skills on a management level, with the knowledge to impact operational functions, as well as customers.
- The position requires good people skills, communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills, and leadership skills.
- The position requires experience in customs clearance, freight forwarding and customer service.
- Reasoning Ability