Despite today’s tough retail environment, our multi-billion dollar client is growing faster than ever! Few companies can boast the kind of performance and opportunity that you’ll find at this Fortune 500 company. As one of the fastest growing retailers in the nation, they’re a leader in their industry niche with sales and profit gains, year-after-year, and an employee bonus that’s paid out at 100% for over 6 years.
Oversees the functions of the Imports Department to include CTPAT, Social Compliance, Product Testing, Classification and US Custom clearances. Ensure the adherence to all company and government regulations around customs, FDA, CPSC, APHIS, C-TPAT, and similar.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 8 Import Analysts responsible for import clearance and compliance of over 300 vendors and 10K TEUs annually, exceeding $170M.
- Maintains an accurate understanding of all regulatory requirements and manages the appropriate compliance of all direct import purchases to internal and governmental expectations, including, but not limited to, required and/or expected documentation.
- Develop improved processes and disclose system improvement opportunities.
- Ensure organizational (including Broker) compliance with Federal and State regulatory agencies with may include Customs’ Audits, CTPAT annual renewals and ISA annual validation.
- Intercede with broker and US Customs, as necessary, to ensure compliance and to expedite entry release; perform post entry audit, communicate findings to upper management for applicable action, and maintain audit files and records
- Generate a quarterly/yearly Import analysis report (based on Import Excel data); generate a KPI report for the Customs Broker, vendor, factories and Import Specialists.
- 6-10 years Import Regulation/Compliance Management experience.
- Knowledge in the movement of goods internationally and domestically; customs clearance; and foreign country rules and regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Import/Tracking Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence, communicate, and operate effectively with internal (cross-functional) as well as external partners and suppliers.
- Track record of success in people leadership, attracting, developing, and retaining industry leading talent.
- Highest personal and professional integrity; customer focused.
- Accountability for key results and deliverables.
- Confidence to manage issues in conflict; enable key stakeholders to achieve best resolution for business.
- Demonstrated ability to focus, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline.
- Data, process and results driven; balance of strategic and tactical.
- High energy and enthusiasm; strong leadership and communication skills.