endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The global technology leader in ADAS and safety electronics with 230 production locations in 40 countries with approximately 138,000 employees is looking for a talented Engineer for a key role on a new program.
This organization is rock-solid financially at over $35b in sales and this is a direct-hire position.
Located in their Global Electronics Technology Center in the greater Detroit area. They just completed a new Innovation Center built for their employees where they have the tools to develop their own products and have an on-site fitness center. This is truly a world-class company.
Image Sensor Characterization Engineer:
The responsibilities for an Image Sensor Characterization Engineer in the Global ASIC Development organization include: using automated EMVA1288 and other test equipment to characterize image sensors, developing evaluation boards suing schematic capture and PCB layout tools, and developing software to interface with image sensor demonstration boards.
- Running EMVA1288 and other test protocols on image sensor test boards and generating test reports
- Understanding APIs and SDKs related to image sensor demonstration boards
- Schematic capture and PCB layout to develop demonstration boards to vet combinations of image sensors, power sources, frequency inputs, and temperature ratings that can occur in products
- Understanding image sensor parameters and adjusting parameters to run tests under various image sensor use conditions
- Writing code and developing programs/shells, etc. to send commands and grab imagers over USB-3 or Ethernet port, to MIPI/I2C interface
- C, C++ programming to write interface code between demonstration/interface boards and tester functions
- Analyzing results and identifying favorable and unfavorable performance characteristics/conditions
- Writing, analyzing, improving Python and Matlab code to analyze output images for quality in terms of viewing adequacy for machine vision applications
- Making comparative analyses; providing feedback to team regarding how to improve image to achieve standards
- Analyzing test report results and preparing comparative reports
- Preparing test plans
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 3 years of automotive electronic design experience, including schematic capture and PCB layout
- Programming experience in C, C++, Python, or Matlab
- Strong laboratory skills with experience interfacing to embedded systems
- Experience with validation of analog and digital circuits/systems
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and contribute
- Able to learn and work with little supervision, but knows when to ask for help
- Strong work discipline; provides frequent feedback, discusses results, implements requested changes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient using spreadsheets, word processing, simulation/analysis software, and ECAD tools
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.