Reporting to the Director of IT of a rapidly growing asset-based 3rd party organization specializing in transportation, logistics and warehousing.
The IT-Systems Support Engineer is directly responsible to develop and implement software applications. Implement and support on-premises and cloud infrastructures in alignment with the corporate IT strategy. Experience in developing and implementing business applications. Work with VP of IT and IT Analyst to initiate and implement business applications and integrations. Provide ideas and solutions to move the company forward in the business application arena. Define, develop, and build elements of software solutions as part of an overall program. Evaluate, select and review third party applications. Recommend upgrades for existing systems and programs. Ensure continued functionality of applications during maintenance and testing of software. Address client concerns and provide solutions for bug fixes. Administer user accounts for business applications. Assist implementing corporate IT projects and project management tasks. Background Required:
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and hourly employees
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Experience using Postman or similar tools
- Experience connecting to API’s would be a plus
- Working knowledge with MS Office applications
- Education: Certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel 50% plus
- Near facility (CA, WA) Remote or Hybrid
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things. Excellent written and communication skills.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Chris Hostettler
Warehousing, Distribution, Drayage and Intermodalchostettler@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.147Click here to apply online