Provides technical support to the CEC Team for CEC IT systems. Supports IT, network, server for physical security infrastructure systems. (access control, CCTV)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advanced Wireless and Wired network troubleshooting.
- Server Installation, Maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hyperconverged technology responsibilities.
- Software installations and troubleshooting.
- Network security.
- After Hours Support Rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION
- Group CNPS - >70
- Maintain Microsoft Certifications necessary to maintain desired partner level
- 2 - 3+ years of IT experience, two-year degree in IT (preferred)
- Experience with, Microsoft Office, understanding of windows server environments, and backup/recovery preferred
- General Knowledge of LANs, WANs, and WLANs.
- General Knowledge of Network Security.
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools. (Wireshark preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
- Skill in planning, organizing, controlling and implementing goals and objectives
- Interpersonal skills that develop and maintain trust and respect of employees and facilitate problem solving.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with various computer software and office technology including MS Office Suite, (Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some lifting of objects up to 25 pounds is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.