Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Analyst.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The IT Support Analyst’s role is to provide a first point of contact and a high level of customer service to our user community. This will include incident tracking and management, plus first and some second line support. Close liaison with other members of the IT team is required to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to resolve incidents in acceptable timeframes.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Incident tracking, recording and management
- First line support and some second line support for all aspects of IT. Opportunities to develop knowledge and take on more responsibilities as knowledge/experience grows
- Build, configure and support PCs and laptops
- User account setup and password management
- Software Asset Management
- Provide orientation and training to non-technical colleagues and end users
- Assisting in IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes
- Hands-on experience of as many of the following aspects of IT as possible:
- PCs, laptops and other portable devices
- A Microsoft environment; Windows, Office
- Local data networks (including copper and fibre cabling, hubs, switches, routers, wireless access points) and integration with Wide Area Networks.
- Remote access; Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Server, VPN client
- Printers, scanners and document centres/multi-function devices
- E-mail systems
- Endpoint protection – anti-virus, anti-malware, firewalls, disk encryption, removable media
- Telephony (including VOIP, smartphones), video conferencing and unified communications
- Engineering software e.g. CAD
- Manufacturing shop floor machine integration and control systems
- Relevant higher education or degree is desirable
- Recognised technical accreditations are desirable but not essential
- Minimum 1 years’ relevant IT support experience
- Broad experience of IT infrastructure highly desirable
- Aerospace experience not essential
- Experience of IT in manufacturing environments highly desirable
- Experience of multi-site organisation and corporate parent highly desirable
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Broad range of technical skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as an active member of a collaborative team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Financially aware
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Keen to learn new skills and be aware of latest technologies and trends
- Open to new ideas
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexibility - willingness to travel and work flexible hours when required by demands of the job e.g. breakdowns, upgrades
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!