Our client is a Federal Government Department within the National Capital Region
The objective of this project are:
Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 Service Desk support
Complete IT related technical requests for Service from clients for the duration of the contact and;
Document the work completed in our ticketing system (HEAT).
What you will achieve in this role:
Tier 1 technician (intermediate):
Provide first level IT Client Support for employees. The technician will be available to take phone calls from clients, as well as work on requests for service from our ticketing system. The Tier 1 Tech will use our ticketing system, as well as documentation provided to the technician to identify IT related issues and resolve them using the documentation, training, and resources available to them.
Tier 2 technician (senior):
Tier 2 technicians will complete the same tasks as Tier 1 but will troubleshoot any issues which do not have a clear means to resolution via documentation or other resources. Tier 2 Technicians will also be responsible for managing the queue of work for the unit within our ticketing system.
Type of work (for both Tiers):
• Troubleshoot all assigned hardware and software requests
• Install and configure software and hardware (no server hardware)
• Troubleshoot connection / connectivity / network issues
• Update and manage Active directory requests including user, security group, and computer objects
• On premises support for clients including new user setups and configuration
• Manage in-coming work and ensure work is completed
• Perform related processes for client support (on-boarding, off-boarding)
• Manage and track workload by using IT ticket monitoring system (HEAT) – open/close/ reassign / pend
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.