Sr. Customer Support Rep
Work Location: One International Place, 28th Floor, Boston, MA 02110
Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: $32.99/hr
The DSS (Desk-Side Support) Team provides technical onsite and remote support directly to Wealth Management users in both campus and branch locations. This includes diagnosis of user problems related to specific supported hardware, software, and networking services. DSS will handle issues that have not been resolved by the Service Desk and/or escalated by management as well as participate in technology project work and equipment moves and break fix as well as perform single point of escalation and triage on behalf of the users.
- On-site support - participates in end-user support and problem identification for all areas of the IT infrastructure. This includes supporting multiple building locations in a given geographic region.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, and peripherals
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications.
- Evaluate user requests and requirements and recommend effective technological solutions.
- Escalates to the next level of support for issues he/she cannot individually resolve and perform the role of technology liaison for the supported users and their issue.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours and participate in an on-call rotation
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement and Problem Management process
- Identify and escalate chronic environmental, desktop and infrastructure issues impacting our users and their facilities to the Problem Management team
- Identify and escalate technology outages impacting our users and their facilities to the Incident Management team
- Bachelor’s degree and/or extensive relevant experience
- Excellent Microsoft Windows and Office support and trouble-shooting experience
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of VMware and Citrix
- Intermediate knowledge of network architecture and topologies
- Experience in the financial industry
- Industry standard certifications a plus (MCSA, A+, Network+, CCENT, CCT)
- Shell scripting experience a plus (Windows Powershell, perl, Windows cmd line)