Our client in Toronto is looking for an IT Project Manager with strong accounting knowledge.
The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and successfully implement large and complex projects, within strict deadlines and budgets. This includes acquiring resources, coordinating team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager, in conjunction with internal team members, will also define the project’s technical requirements and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Role and responsibilities:
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business and technical requirements in collaboration with team members and team leaders from beginning to end
- Set and manage expectations in regard to: project scope and timeline, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, project governance (communication, change control, escalation), risk management and organizational readiness
- Develop detailed project and resource plans and associated communications documents
- Manage and communicate the progress of the project to stakeholders,
- Draft and submit budget proposals, participate in project health checks, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Utilize PMI methodology to drive implementations to successful completion
- Assist team in driving the UAT process
- 5 - 10 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Strong expertise in MS Project, Office 365, MS Office and experience with SQL Server
- Strong understanding of Yardi Voyager and other Yardi modules
- 3-4 years in managing system implementations or migration is preferred
- PMI certification or University degree with college diploma in project management.
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!
- Demonstrated experience in managing project teams
- Detailed knowledge across a broad range of technology with a comprehensive understanding of how the technology operates in a complex environment
- Experience with working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Competent and proficient understanding of network technologies
- Demonstrated ability to handle shifting priorities, demands and timelines and execute tasks in a high-pressure engaging environment is crucial
- Demonstrated ability to be tenacious and assertive but also able to persuade, encourage, and motivate team members and stakeholders within a customer service environment
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Ability to proactively forecast any potential issues and risks to the project critical path deliverables
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient at creating and maintaining project documentation
- Excellent organization skills