IT Project Manager
Our client is looking for a suitable candidate for a position as IT Manager in Edmonton, Alberta. This position is full time, permanent.
A suitable candidate will be reporting directly to the Director, Project Management Office (PMO), the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the organization is provided with efficient and effective project management services.
Top Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and coordinate staff members, consultants and vendors for project activities
- Ensure work carried out by and contractors is completed in accordance with their contracts, and take appropriate action to resolve performance problems, deficiencies and engage in dispute resolution.
- Initiate recruitment processes including, reviewing work site staffing needs, analyzing FTE and budget realities and completing staffing requests in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Ensure new and existing staff have sufficient training and resources to provide professional and competent service delivery; recommend training and development to enhance employee competencies.
- Participate in the preparation of the PMO Department budgets.
Top Operational Responsibilities:
- Provide Project Management services for the implementation of IT and related solutions.
- Provide a Project Management Strategy, Charter and Plan for deployment of the IT related solutions.
- Provide project initiation services, including business case, project charters, scope of work, feasibility studies, surveys, preliminary budget, cost plan, team selection, appointment of consultants, selection of project delivery method and appointment of contractors.
- Create and manage a detailed project plan with timelines, resources required, milestones and deliverables; deliver projects on time.
- Provide regular project status updates with accomplishments, issues, risks, timeline and budget update Manage the day-to-day administration and coordination of PMO projects, from inception to completion to ensure the organizations expectations and interests are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 6+ years’ experience as an IT project manager
- Minimum 5 years experience managing IT & Business Stakeholders
- PMP Designation is mandatory
- Experience with ERP systems is mandatory.
- Experience with Yardi is considered an asset.
- Experience in managing System Implementations, Business Transformations, Process Improvement, Website/System Upgrades Projects. Have thorough knowledge of advanced concepts and basic operating principles of information technology and information systems environments.
- Have thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts and practices.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- The position requires competent computer skills and experience using MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio and Jira.
- Excellent training, communication and coaching skills.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and oversee large, long range, or multiple complex projects.
- Ability to develop project scope, cost estimates, human resource requirements, work plans, time schedules, communication plans, and makes work assignments to meet project or program objectives.
- Ability to create detailed work breakdown structures and create a detailed work plan.
To apply, please email your resume to Shamir Ramji, and Aapar Sandhu. Please visit our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca, for additional career opportunities today!
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is a relationship driven and service oriented organization with experts specializing in: Accounting & Finance Sales & Operations Supply Chain Human Resources Office Support Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner - to learn more!