Our direct client is looking for an IT Portfolio Manager. This role is remote for now but there needs to be some level of interaction with colleagues – could be 2-3 days per week on site.
Maintains information technology strategies by managing staff: researching and implementing technological strategic solutions. Manage the entire project lifecycle for multiple projects from project definition through implementation.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by staying current on state-of-the-art practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Business Administration, or other related discipline
- Experience in the IT industry, including development work and customer interaction
- PMP Certification
Additional skills and capabilities are needed for this role:
This role will not manage a staff but will be responsible for overseeing the portfolio of projects within the Supply Chain and R&D IT service domains. This role will assist current PMs and team leads with project management responsibilities, resource allocations, and budget tracking and will monitor cross-service domain dependencies. This role may also be assigned an actual project to manage end-to-end as the project manager.
The resource may be assigned an actual project to manage end-to-end as the Project Manager.
This is a new role within the Supply Chain IT group - CENTER OF ECXELLENCE - some cross servicing with other groups as well. This role will be a long-term project through FY 22 end and then will evaluate the need for this role as the project progresses.
The right candidate in this role will be someone with 5 and 10 years of experience.
- MS Office and MS Project 2016 or better is a MUST.
- PMP cert is desired.
- Prior experience managing multiple projects and evaluating across projects - project resolutions experience a PLUS.
- There will be a lot of escalating of conflicts, monitoring budgets across the life cycle of projects and moving projects along in a smooth and timely manner is KEY in this role.
- There will be a couple of smaller projects given to this candidate to manage entirely.