Directs and coordinates development and activities of Information Systems department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate(s).
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Employee Assistance Program
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Collaboration with Corporate IT to ensure all local IT solutions are fully aligned with global IT solutions, strategies, policies and cyber security requirements.
• Consults with local management and to determine information requirements of management, priorities of new projects, system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
• Supervises employees in the IT Department.
• Confers with department heads involved on proposed projects to ensure cooperation and further define nature of project.
• Consults with outside vendors to define equipment needs.
• Reviews project feasibility studies.
• Prepares progress reports to inform management of project status and deviation from goals.
• Contracts with management specialists, technical personnel, or vendors to solve problems as needed.
• Revises computer operating schedule to introduce new program testing and operating runs.
• Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to ascertain costs and plan operating changes.
• Assists staff to diagnose and solve computer equipment problems.
• Participates in technical projects such as writing equipment specifications or developing computer programs for specified applications.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive Computer training.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!