Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable IT Manager to direct and coordinate development and activities of Information Systems. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew, the IT Manager gets the opportunity to work in a picturesque countryside setting! While supporting the Division Manager, the IT manager is responsible for overseeing the entire IT department including software development and applications development.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Collaborate with Corporate IT to ensure all local IT solutions are fully aligned with global IT solutions, strategies, policies and cyber security requirements
- Consult with local management to determine information requirements of management, priorities of new projects, system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Confer with department heads involved on proposed projects to ensure cooperation and further define nature of project.
- Participate in developing the strategic direction of Information Technology (I.T.) within the company.
- Manage and supervise IT staff and coordinate business systems users.
- Organize, coordinate and control the systems for which they are responsible.
- Consult with outside vendors to define equipment needs.
- Responsible for the reliability, integrity, availability, security and supportability of their assigned system
- Continually assess the needs of the business, system users and provide service in conformance with agreed requirements.
- Review project feasibility studies
- Prepare progress reports to inform management of project status and deviation from goals
- Revise computer operating schedule to introduce new program testing and operating runs.
- Review reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to ascertain costs and plan operating changes.
- Assist staff to diagnose and solve computer equipment problems.
- Participate in technical projects such as writing equipment specifications or developing computer programs for specified applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, logistics or a related field
- 5 years experience at a senior level within the IT environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 3-5 years experience with SQL, DBA, VB6, PHP programming and ERP
- Experience with SAP an asset
- Current APICS, CPM or CPIM Certification and MBA would be considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills with ability to effectively communicate, motivate and develop teamwork
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!