Our Client is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. They have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, focusing on early childhood development, the well-being of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. They have been working with at-risk communities for 60 years by providing resources, training, and support.Job Purpose:
The Information Technology Manager
is responsible for managing and providing hardware and software maintenance, training, consultation and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective manner will ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.Key Performance Areas:
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- Ensures a supportive I.T. environment by providing current hardware and software.
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access.
- Ensures a robust and highly reliable technology infrastructure.
- Manage the Business Continuity Plan / Risk Document.
- General I.T. duties.
- Relevant Information Technology qualification (Advanced Diploma or a Degree).
- Relevant Information Technology certification (A+, N+, Office 365Administrator, Microsoft Windows Server Administrator, etc.)
- 5 years’ experience in Information Technology (preferably in an NPO/NGO environment).
- Proven administration and management experience.
- Knowledge of relevant Information Technology legislation and governance.
- Driver’s License and own vehicle would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written English ability and strong attention to detail.
- Planning and organising ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in networking/facilitating partnerships and working with external stakeholders.
Hybrid working environmentSalary:
Market related salary, incl. Cell Allowance, Pension and Medical Aid Contributions
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 202494 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply. Please note that as a registered member of APSO, Surgo (PTY) Ltd. does not hold applicants accountable for any application fee.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email email@example.com