· Help define future IT MP&L organization.
· Provides direction of work to 3rd Party Contractors
· Works as a part of the MP&L Global Leadership Team to provide guidance on IT and Business Process Improvement opportunities and initiatives.
· Forms key relationships with MP&L function leaders to understand market opportunities and operating constraints in each country and region.
· Works with IT leaders, especially IT BU Directors, to understand applicable product group strategies and key initiatives requiring IT MP&L planning and support.
· Works with the global ERP COE to ensure alignment on MP&L standards in process and technology. Help define and protect standard MP&L template. Align portfolio priorities on external tools depending on ERP interfaces.
· Facilitates business relationships between applicable regional leaders/staff/teams and corporate IT functions, including IT Strategy & Architecture, Program Management Office, Global IT Operations and all corporate applications groups
· Provides feedback to the CIO and corporate IT team on perceived value of IT efforts in as well as risks/issues/opportunities
· Participate in the creation of an MP&L approved I.T. strategy roadmap, including current state stabilization plan, risk mitigation measures, and path forward.
· Facilitates MP&L application enhancements, minor, and major IT project initiatives Governance (rank and prioritization).
· Creates and manages MP&L IT Budget planning, execution, and task management.
· MP&L consulting on IT technology innovation opportunities that support to improved quality, productivity, cost, and competitive position.
· Provides evaluation of IT staffing levels, performance feedback, gap analysis and recommendations to close gaps.
· Provide MP&L oversight on adherence to global IT standards.
· Provides input into Dana I.T. standards, policies and procedures
· Understands corporate business imperatives (key aspects of the corporate business strategy)
· Understands regional business imperatives (key aspects of region/country business strategies)
· Translates business needs into actionable IT deliverables
· Determines opportunities for business improvement through the use of information technology and sells these opportunities to both business team and corporate business/IT leadership
· Works with IT Strategy & Architecture Team to ensure a healthy balance between corporate standard IT initiatives and unique local process/system requirements
Program and Project Governance
· Provides governance authority over IT project delivery and execution teams for projects that affect MP&L.
· Serves on key program and project governance boards.
· Provides staff support as needed for business requirements
· Provides management support as needed for local vendor selection and management
General IT Management
· Provides MP&L input on quality, cost and effectiveness of I.T. services
· Understands IT financial management, sufficient to interpret and explain key IT spending categories, trends and opportunities MP&L management
· Understands IT Strategy and Architecture general principles and techniques
· Understands IT Program and Project Management as well as Application Development general principles and techniques
Understands IT Operations general principles and techniques, including a basic awareness of ITIL concepts