Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for MES Engineer to join our client's growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Design, develop, maintain, and enhance process control hardware and software solutions in a manufacturing environment.
2. Project management with system integration as well as experience in object-oriented software design.
3. Support production hardware and software applications, SCADA systems, Graphical HMI applications and LAN communications.
4. Configuring and programming automation and controls systems involving HMI, MMI, or SCADA systems
5. Identifying all MES hardware required to meet the needs of Operations
6. Identifying all critical to process quality parameters ad process variables with operations, engineering, and EHS to be monitored
7. Interface with end-users to document functional requirements and work with cross-functional teams to deliver robust technical solutions
8. Provide detailed scoping for MES projects and lead them through the review process
9. Develop and implement standard engineering practices, provide detailed documentation upon project completion to ensure systems are supportable.Requirements:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or 5 years related work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years continuous improvement to manufacturing business processes with specific experience on MES projects or Equipment Control systems in all phases of the development cycle
- Proven project management/implementation experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of functions at all levels
- High initiative self-starter, results and schedule oriented. Must be able to work independently and interact effectively with multifunctional/multicultural teams.
- Ability to work or travel on an "as needed" basis, which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrable experience in Allen Bradley ControlLogix (PLC), communication interface, and ladder-logic development, programming, and debugging.
- Bachelor's degree in Network Administration, Information Technology, Information Management, MIS, Computer Science Engineering, CIS, or minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Up to date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Understanding of IT security and network risks
Database administrator, systems administrator, DBA, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Windows, Oracle, DB2, server, steel, manufacturing, Ebusiness Suite