Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a IT Helpdesk Support. The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting the strategy, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing and shop floor systems such as, but not limited to Labor Tracking, Shop Floor Control, and Process Data Acquisition. The position provides front line IT helpdesk support for all hardware and software applications on the shop floor and in the office. The position will be responsible for insuring all devices on the shop floor (e.g. PCs, hand-held devices, phones, access points and printers) are secure, patched and protected.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Provide hands-on support for all systems on the shop floor by working directly with software developers, hardware support technicians, Engineering and Operations personnel while ensuring timely resolution
- Provide IT helpdesk support while ensuring timely resolution to all tickets and requests
- Install and maintain corporate Windows images on all PC’s and laptops
- Troubleshoot and repair faulty PC’s and laptops
- Engage in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues with hardware and software. Consults with other I.T. staff when necessary
- Compose training and instructional documentation for users
- Other tasks and activities as required
- Associates degree or certificate in Technical or Computer Science discipline preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in IT Support for helpdesk and/or shop floor is required.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing laptops, PCs and printers required.
- Windows 10 OS and MS Server experience required. Knowledge of Android OS a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products as well as experience installing and supporting is required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with shop-floor personnel and multiple management levels all while maintaining composure and instilling confidence in all systems.
- This position requires ability to sit, stand, walk and good vision with or without correction
- This position will sometimes involve exposure to cold, extreme heat, dust and vibrations.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.