Sonoma County, CA
Full time, direct hire reporting to the CEO
Compensation: $120-$140K+/- DOE
Job ID#: EB-1655197565
Tekberry is seeking a highly qualified, motivated and hands-on IT Director for our client, a world-class, award winning healthcare facility in Sonoma County, CA.
- The Director of Information Technology will provide operational, business and technology leadership in the selection, implementation and support of organization-wide information services and technology. Major responsibilities include:
- The recommendation, oversight, approval, implementation, coordination and control of all projects related to merger/acquisition, installation and maintenance of all information systems and technology; voice and data communications; system-wide and community integration strategy; prepare and monitor the planning processes that will regularly evaluate the need for new and existing technology and information systems.
- Build and drive a clinical informatics agenda; develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information.
- Ensure that all information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA; communicate IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization; and select, train, supervise, evaluate and dismiss, if necessary, those direct and, if required, indirect staff support.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Merger/acquisition experience
- BS Computer Science or related/equivalent education, MS preferred
- 10 years progressively responsible experience in healthcare IT with a proven track record of executing and delivering results on time and budget
- IT & Project Management leadership
- Prior deployment, management and expansion of integrated EMR’s (electronic medical records system)
- Medhost & eCW operating systems
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
- Function as the primary liaison between IT, Clinical Staff and Physician Staff to insure that EMR implementations are optimized based on clinical workflow redesign.
- Management of information and telecommunication technology functions and services; implementation and support for medical, business and clinical systems; applications development/maintenance, data processing, local/wide area network administration, office automation and technical support activities.
- Build and drive a clinical informatics agenda.
- Computer configuration, server operations, interface development and maintenance.
- Utilize expertise in HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), industry best practices, risk mitigation strategies, intellectual property and data management.
- Establish strong customer relationships with internal clients including physicians (internal and community), hospital administrators and employees.