BCTG’s direct client has an exciting and immediate opening for an on-site IT Business Analyst in a fast-growing IT Department to assist the organization in solving business problems and creating future business solutions.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience as a business analyst and/or systems analyst and be an excellent communicator as you will be interconnected with all Departments.
You will collaborate with IT and business resources, research and implement technology solutions, and plan projects designed for specified business outcomes.
This position is in a dynamic growth environment with many projects occurring in parallel with multiple interdependencies. Most of the projects involve transforming/enhancing the business to a modern technology environment, adhering to accepted technology and business best practices in the retail industries.
- Lead daily standup reviewing incidents, demands, and enhancements for merchandising, advertising, and store functionality (Order Management, Price Management, etc.).
- Define/execute solution roadmap by understanding the entire solution and collaborating with IT/business leaders.
- Manage enhancements and small projects.
- Maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing technologies.
- Collaborate with business users and co-op members on future business needs/demands and technologies.
- Research business problems and develop solutions that address needs.
- Develop estimates, timelines, and resource requirements for business requests (projects/enhancements).
- Meet with business users/members to compile and clarify specific requirements of each demand/enhancement.
- Analyze, document, and manage project/enhancement requirements.
- Define, manage, and control the scope of the project/enhancement.
- Execution of a project or enhancement according to requirements.
- Work closely with business, functional, and development teams to ensure business needs are identified and met.
- Ensure solutions are meeting expectations and build a rapport throughout the project or enhancement.
- Perform root-cause analysis and remediate risk of reoccurrence of business problems.
- Provide coaching and guidance working with team members.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related area (may have post-graduate education/training)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3+ years of experience as a business analyst and/or system analyst
- Preferably 1+ years of experience with SAP modules in SD, MM, FI, PMR, CAR
- 1+ years of experience in product management or project management is highly preferred
- Detailed knowledge of Master Data and its implications
- Experience creating business requirement documents
- Experience gathering functional & technical requirements along with creating process flows
- Experience conducting End-to-End Testing
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects/enhancements simultaneously and independently, while maintaining attention to detail and adapting to changing environments
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in leading small teams through obstacles and finding the best path forward
- Ability to adjust quickly to scheduling changes and priorities
- Excellent time management, decision making, organization, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working independently
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to build collaborative, productive relationships across functions
- Retail experience preferred
- Training experience a plus