IT Audit - Atlanta
Top Public Company has an opportunity for an IT Auditor to join our team in Atlanta GA. We are expanding and integrating systems. This is an exciting time to join this company as they are number one in their industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing general controls reviews, walkthroughs and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 audits of our IT operations. The individual will execute and perform audit procedures based on the audit plan and prepare detailed reports and recommendations in both oral and formal written formats.
- Assist in planning the development of audit scope, objectives and audit program; assist in determining audit procedures to be used
- Assist in assessing operating processes and develop conclusions about their effectiveness; identify key control points of systems
- Conduct audit testing-review transactions, documents, records, and methods for accuracy and effectiveness; conduct interviews and observations and complete asset verification
- Assist in developing risk assessments for critical business processes; assist in preparing appropriate audit plans
- Assist in preparing oral presentations and/or written reports supporting results of audit examination, conclusions, and recommendations
- Assist in the post-audit follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions taken
- Performs application control reviews to determine the effectiveness of controls over individual application systems, such as general ledger, purchasing, accounts payable, inventory, payroll accounts receivable, etc. The controls of these systems encompass the routines within the computer program code and the procedures and input activities. This process determines the data was processed accurately by the computer.
- Reviews process documentation and perform walkthroughs and independent testing of IT general controls (ITGC) to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Interfaces with and assists the Company's external accounting firm.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- The IT Staff Auditor must possess a high level of IT knowledge with three to five years of IT audit experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Business or equivalent degree.
- Two to five years’ experience in an Accounting or Auditing position or related field
- Required software skills include intermediate or higher Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills. Experience using ACL and flowcharting is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge desired includes: JD Edwards and Windows Active Directory
- Good organizational and analytical skills and ability to prioritize multiple activities and requirements
- Able to obtain, analyze and appraise data
- Action-Oriented Adaptable to Change/Learns quickly
- Ingenuity to organize, manage and complete projects and identify process improvements
- Business Process Risk Assessment, Analysis and Improvement
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing skills. It also would help if the candidate is a good negotiator.
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player at the same time. Has exceptional verbal and written communication and reporting skills and has a quick eye for even the smallest details, can analyze data and evaluate results in any given time.
- Knowledge of COSO and COBIT Risk Management Framework and a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP. Experience in working with JDE ERP Systems is desirable.
- An in-depth understanding of audit planning, audit procedures, and technical methods used to examine, analyze and verify controls associated with manufacturing operations, financial and information systems is required. Experience with computerized auditing capabilities is required.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with the auditee to develop an effective and cost efficient remediation plans for any deficiencies reported.
- Proficient with generally accepted accounting principles and auditing requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
English is required. Knowledge of French and Spanish is helpful
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional qualification such as CPA, CISSP, CIA, CISA or progress towards.
Click here to apply online