Due to growth, our global client is creating a new position for an IT Audit Manager. Reporting directly to the Chief Audit Executive, the IT Audit Manager is responsible for managing and completing all phases of information technology audits and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 (SOX 404) testing, in accordance with department, regulatory, and professional standards. This role includes identifying risks and control gaps in the applications developed and the supporting infrastructures used by The Company as well as working collaboratively with management to create action plans to remediate audit issues. The IT Manager will be responsible for overseeing the third-party provider and serving as primary liaison with the Information Technology team to build a trust-driven and collaborative relationship capabilities as they currently rely 100% on third party providers for this.
Conduct or supervise audits and/or special reviews of controls and procedures over company’s IT infrastructure, systems, development, and business applications in accordance with risk-based audit plan for design and effectiveness of internal controls
- Plan individual projects including preparing planning document, risk control matrix, engagement memo, audit programs, and opening meeting presentations
- Perform audit testing and document and maintain work papers and files in accordance with departmental guidelines
- Validate audit findings with process and control owners
- Collaboratively develop value-added recommendations to improve internal controls and operating efficiency
- Draft audit reports for manager review
- Perform follow up reviews to ensure audit recommendations are implemented
- Ensure effective deployment of resources to meet SOX Program requirements, achieve the plan, meet objectives and deliver a high-quality product
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls, improve business processes, and verify that proper internal control safeguards are in place.
- Participate in annual and on-going risk assessment to identify auditable entities and determine the scope of IT audits and other special projects
- Partner with management to improve education, compliance, and controls related to financial, operational and compliance issues.
- Partner with business partners on ongoing business transformation projects by providing assurance and advisory services on appropriate processes, controls and risk mitigation measures.
- Complete required internal audit departmental tasks needed to ensure department’s compliance with professional industry standards and plan for next assignment.
- Work collaboratively with other risk assurance functions (i.e. SOX Compliance, Information Security Office, etc.) as it relates to the proactive identification and management of risks and opportunities
- Develop a general understanding of the business
- Build relationships with process owners and management
- Demonstrate ethics, integrity, and confidentiality—adhering to a core set of values consistent with company’s vision and values
- Bachelor’s in Management Information Systems, IT, or Computer Science; prefer Master in Management Information Systems
- A minimum of 6 years auditing experience in Big 4/public accounting or top tier consulting firm and/or a robust corporate internal audit department, of which a minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- Prior SOX compliance experience for public companies required; experience operating in a global company preferred
- Data mining and data analytics in audit environment is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, CobiT, COSO 2013 Framework, and other technical IT standards such as NIST