I&IT Service Account Manager
Binder Browser – an electronic meeting management application that enables the elimination of the large paper binders that are often used to support meetings and their agendas. Binder Browser has also been adopted as the standard tool for Cabinet and Treasury Board meetings. This solution also successfully supported the Ontario-Québec Joint Meeting of Premiers.
Since September 2016, the use of the Binder Browser application has resulted in the reduction of paper consumption of approximately 5.5 million sheets of paper and a savings of $220,000.
Prior to Binder Browser, Cabinet and Treasury Board meetings required 6-8 administrative staff to assemble paper binders for each meeting and with Binder Browser this number has reduced to only 2-3 staff. Extrapolating this data across most meetings will result in significant time savings and enable staff to focus on more strategic activities.
Currently, 80 committees (e.g., Cabinet Committees, Legislation / Regulation Committee, Deputy Ministers Council (DMC), etc.) use Binder Browser, and we are recommending establishing this as the standard for electronic meeting management tool.
The I&IT Service Account Manager will be required to deliver on:
1. Team Leadership
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision for the team including: determining work priorities; scheduling and assigning responsibilities; establishing performance standards; providing orientation, training; coaching, monitoring procedural compliance and service quality; providing technical input to staff selection and performance appraisals.
- Assesses and oversees operations and collaborates with management and senior management to address workload volume, address cost and
resourcing issues; and leads problem resolution with management, other team leads and branch specialists.
- Provides representation on local, provincial and international specialist or professional bodies (e.g., Information Technology Service Management Forum International) to maintain, advance and promote the Ontario Public Service leading position in ITIL implementation and execution.
- Provides advice and process expertise to project management teams, external vendors, senior management and executive level committees to contribute to IT strategies/project status; identify and recommend resolution of systems issues and define requirements for new systems development opportunities.
- Provides ITSM expertise and leadership for the development of service planning, policy and procedure.
2. Strategic Planning & Development
- Provides strategic direction in promotion, provisioning, and implementation of resourcing services with multiple I&IT clients within the (I&IT Clusters and ITS) IT project and project resource needs, to support strategic priorities; ensures alignment of client demand for resources with resource capacity.
- Plans, coordinates and manages consulting services to multiple clients across, including analysis of resourcing requirements and the development and identification of appropriate resources services
- Manages development, coordination, implementation, resourcing and evaluation of resourcing services, ensuring development of strategies for promotion of resourcing services that outline objectives and strategies and performance measures, while ensuring consistency with client and organizational requirements.
- Provides input to development of strategic and operational plans, I&IT policies, standards and procedures, and participates in preparation of operational plans.
- Develops business cases and other supporting materials for major I&IT initiatives and provides quality assurance for submissions.
- Reviews and assesses IT impacts and alerts senior management to conflicts with existing infrastructure, policies, directives, standards and central agency requirements.
3. Client Engagement
- Markets solutions, concepts and services, and supports clients to gain acceptance and support by providing direction to clients I&IT community in obtaining resources and expertise.
- Leads/participates in continuous improvement of services by providing feedback from clients regarding services, anticipates clients' future needs, and participates in development of new and enhanced services, products and tools based on client information.
- Manages communications between clients and facilitates client access to resources, expertise, services and assistance, and manages client expectations. Applies change management concepts to ensure client commitment and use of services, standards and tools.
- Assesses client needs, provides client advice, and directs the development and operation of service delivery activities to anticipate growth and maximize productivity.
- Participates in the negotiation of customer service management agreements and related agreements between I&IT service providers, vendors and internal/external stakeholders by overseeing the RFP process and monitoring project deliverables.
4. Performance Management
- Leads client IT service delivery targets by developing and monitoring project performance metrics related to assigned client programs; promoting I&IT Cluster products and services; monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates performance of services against business needs and identifying issues, determining resolution and implementing corrective action.
- Supports delivery and implementation of services, assesses services ability to satisfy needs, analyzes gaps, and initiates corrective action to ensure I&IT clients meet OCCIO program targets.
- Plans and manages implementation of policies, processes and tools to ensure client project management resourcing processes are in line with standards and practices.
- Participates in ensuring client demand for services is aligned to financial cost recover for the model.
5. Contract Management
- Evaluates RFPs to ensure value and quality of goods and services, monitors vendor contracts within the organization, and provides day to day management of external consultants or other support personnel.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a contract tracking system for projects; compiles, monitors and analyzes consulting services contracts; develops reports for senior management on all reporting requirements including contracts.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.