ICU Registered Nurse (RN)
Gallup, New Mexico
This is a travel position for an ICU unit in Gallup, New Mexico. (Clinical specialties for this unit also include surgery, trauma, medical, psychiatry, and many other sub-specialties.)
- 84 hours per pay period.
- 12-hour shifts.
- Day and night shifts needed.
- Rotating weekends and holidays.
- Initiate treatment, medications, emergency and resuscitative measures based on appropriate utilization of standing ICU protocols in conjunction with ACLS and TNCC guidelines.
- Administer therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician such as medication, treatments, IV fluids, blood transfusions, nasogastric tubes, foleys, etc.
- Observe and assess critically ill patient’s health status by physical assessment and examination, interviewing the patient and family members, and reviewing the patient’s health history and ongoing hemodynamic monitoring.
- Make an individualized plan of care for the patient
- Provide intensive nursing care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and sociocultural needs of the patient in the intensive care setting.
- Operate and monitor specialized equipment such as cardiac monitors, volume respirators, swan ganz catheters, arterial lines, defibrillators, pulse oximeters, internal and external pacemakers, chest tubes and triple lumen catheters.
- Functions as a primary nurse on all units of the hospital when a cardiac or respiratory emergency occurs.
- Functions as an intravenous therapy resource on all units.
- Provides pre- and post-operative care.
- ACLS, BCLS, TNCC certifications.
- At least three (3) years RN experience with at least 2 years in the ICU.
- Current and valid nursing license from any state.
For more information, please contact Chris at email@example.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!