I&C Technician (Instrumentation and Controls Technician)
Location: Glenmont, NY
Job Type: Full-Time, Union Represented
Salary Range: $37 - $48 per hour, plus overtime; Once qualified, expected to make $110,000 - $120,000 annually
Work Schedule: Day Shift, 4 days a week (Monday to Friday), 10-hour shifts (7:30 AM - 4:00 PM)
Our client is a cutting-edge combined-cycle power plant primarily fueled by natural gas. It features a 3 x 3 x 1 combined-cycle configuration, consisting of three GE 7FA combustion turbine-generators (CTGs), three Nooter/Eriksen heat-recovery steam generators (HRSGs), and one GE D11 steam turbine-generator.
The I&C Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing various systems and equipment associated with power generation, including gas and steam turbine generating units, steam generators, and auxiliary equipment. This role involves performing calibrations, troubleshooting, and ensuring safe and efficient operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair GE MKVI, DCS communication systems, PLC Logic, Rosemount instruments, CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring System), computers, annunciator systems, and boiler chemistry monitoring equipment.
- Actively participate in safety discussions and hazard identification.
- Follow company policies and safety standards.
- Maintain clean work areas and use proper tools and protective equipment.
- Collaborate with other personnel to resolve equipment issues.
- Investigate abnormal operating conditions, equipment failures, and maintenance problems.
- Review, update, and revise drawings and documentation as needed.
- Assist with technical and safety training.
- Perform analytical work related to equipment testing and engineering studies.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates degree from an accredited or technical college is preferred.
- 5+ years of power generation experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of instrumentation, controls, and electrical equipment.
- Proficiency in mathematics and basic chemistry principles.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Experience with Distributed Computer Systems (DCS) and PLCs is a plus.
- Phone interview
- Zoom interview
- Onsite interview
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Standard Holidays
- PTO accrual policy: Employees accrue time in the prior year for the following year.
- There is a progression track with opportunities for career advancement.
- The role involves working with controls, instrumentation, emissions monitoring, water calibration, and temperature testing.
- The position may require overtime, including weekend or night shifts for urgent jobs or startup support.
Please note that the salary range and benefits mentioned are based on the provided information and may be subject to change based on company policies and negotiations with candidates.
Click here to apply online