Hire Military Talent Job Description
Position: I & E Technician
Locations: Pecos, TX
This position will report to an I&E Lead and support the company’s Delaware Operations. This individual must be able to install, maintain and repair instrumentation and electrical equipment, recommend, develop, and support the implementation of new processes, and be knowledgeable of the latest technological advances in instrumentation and measurement devices.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The following represents most of the position's duties but is meant to be more inclusive and allow other responsibilities to be assigned when necessary. Employees must comply with all regulatory, environmental, and safety rules, standards, and corporate policies.
As an I&E Technician, you will be responsible for the following:
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining electronic flow meters, temperature, and pressure transmitters.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining several platforms of programmable logic controllers and RTUs.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical and mechanical systems and equipment such as motors, pumps, switches, pneumatic controls, end devices, and related input and output devices.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining cellular modems, serial radios, gateways, ethernet radios, and routers. With the ability to use various tools and software to perform analysis and determine why equipment is not communicating properly
- Coordinating and performing maintenance duties required to maintain operations and regulatory compliance.
- Reading and understanding maintenance/operations manuals for equipment specifications, parts, and procedures to make proper and timely repairs.
- Maintaining effective communications, providing ideas, raising concerns, and working with other functions, including facility operations and supervision, engineering, supply chain, other I&E employees, clerical staff, and contractors.
- Coordinating operations with other Delaware Basin personnel as required.
- Promoting a safe work environment for personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Ensuring job duties are carried out safely, with due regard for the environment, and in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensuring accurate, timely data is entered and recorded within computer-based preventative and predictive maintenance programs, drawings, procedures, and schematics.
- Staying abreast of changing technology through training opportunities, contacting suppliers/ representatives of equipment manufacturers, and networking with others in the field.
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience/training on appropriate control systems equipment were preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required.
- Understand the basics of 4-20ma signals, Modbus, and other communication mediums.
- Have basic troubleshooting skills with meters, transmitters, RTU, and PLCs.
- Experience in computer use and basic knowledge of Word and Excel is required.
- Have knowledge of electrical and electronic principles and associated safety requirements.
- Must demonstrate advanced organizational skills.
- Be able to apply common-sense understanding to daily tasks and issues.
- Have forthright communication with field leadership, job progress, issues & resolutions, required workforce & equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must relate to others and maintain good relationships with coworkers and peers.
- Must be able to respond appropriately to constructive criticism.
- Operates in a field environment.
- An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds and must be able to carry a self-contained breathing apparatus if needed. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- 10 Hour rotational schedule.
- Pecos, TX
- Pecos is a city located in Reeves County, Texas, United States. Situated in the western part of the state, Pecos is known for its rich history, vibrant community, and diverse economic activities. Here's some background information on Pecos, Texas:
- Area: Pecos covers an area of approximately 7.3 square miles (18.9 square kilometers). It is in the vast Chihuahuan Desert region, characterized by its arid climate and desert landscapes.
- Schools: The education system in Pecos is served by the Pecos-Barstow-Toyah Independent School District. The district operates several elementary, middle, and high schools, providing quality education to the community's children.
- Cost of Living: Pecos has a relatively affordable cost of living compared to many other parts of Texas. Housing prices, utility costs, and groceries are generally lower than the state average, making it an attractive option for individuals and families looking for affordable living.
- Recreational Activities: Pecos offers a range of recreational activities for residents and visitors. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore the area's natural beauty through activities such as hiking, camping, and birdwatching. The city also has recreational facilities like parks, sports complexes, and golf courses, providing ample opportunities for leisure and physical activities.
- Crime: Like any city, Pecos experiences some level of corruption. However, efforts by local law enforcement agencies and community initiatives have contributed to a generally safe environment. Following standard safety practices and staying informed about local safety concerns is always advisable.
- Housing: Pecos provides various housing options for different needs and preferences. The city offers single-family homes, apartments, and rental properties at affordable prices. The housing market has experienced steady growth, and newcomers can find suitable accommodations within their budgets.
- Industries: Pecos has a diverse economic base that supports various industries. The city's location near oil and gas fields has contributed to the energy sector's growth, providing employment opportunities for many residents. Agriculture, including cattle ranching and crop farming, is another significant industry in the region. Additionally, Pecos is a regional commercial center, with retail, healthcare, and hospitality sectors contributing to the local economy.
- Overall, Pecos, Texas, offers a blend of affordability, outdoor recreational opportunities, and a thriving economy. The city's rich history, community spirit, and range of amenities make it an attractive place to live, work, and raise a family.
At The company, our employee benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
Click here to apply online
- If eligible, company-paid housing will be provided during working shifts
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, & Child(ren)
- Employee Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- 401(k) or Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan, plus a company match
- And many other benefits not listed here.