Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Middletown is looking for a Human Resources Specialist. As a member of our Human Resources team, this position will process a wide range of human resource functions involving programs, policies, and practices such as benefits, recruiting, government requirements and reporting, pre-employment processing, orientation and employee services. To excel in this role, you should be an excellent communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the recruiting process, labor regulations and benefits administration.
- Assist the HR Manager with outside benefit providers for insurance, worker’s compensation, savings plans and EAP programs.
- Know and understands what benefits are offered by the company. Communicate these plans to employees.
- Work with employees to answer benefit questions, assist in processing life events and open enrollment elections.
- Communicate with insurance and savings providers to resolve employee issues and billing issues.
- Reconcile benefit invoices for payment processing.
- Ensure the company’s benefits and leave of absence policies are followed and comply with the law and CBA.
- Assist with attendance items including call-offs, FMLA, leaves, etc. and processes appropriate paperwork.
- Assist the HR Manager with creating recruitment and retention strategies.
- Recruiting: advertise positions, review resumes, conduct phone screens and coordinate interviews.
- Coordinate with hiring managers on union job postings, bids, and transfers.
- Assist with pre-employment processing (offer letters, drug testing, background screens, etc.)
- Conduct new hire orientation and benefits orientation to build a strong foundation for new employees.
- Attend job fairs and hiring events; and works with outside agencies to fill vacant positions.
- Out-processing of employees leaving the company including collections of company assets, sending exit surveys and providing appropriate notifications to other departments.
- Maintain applicant tracking reports and other required reports relative to recruitment efforts.
- Ensure all employee records are maintained and updated with hiring information or changes in employment status, including PAF’s, current wage information, job changes, leaves, etc.
- Set up new employees in the payroll system including all benefit enrollments.
- Process payroll items such as support orders, garnishments, deposit changes, salary changes, 401k items, etc.
- Keep informed as to labor laws and changes. Updates required postings.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures. Update current policies and handbook as necessary.
- Assist with HR department audits and external department audits.
- Provides administrative support to HR Manager such as completing surveys, creating reports and spreadsheets and special project assignments.
- Administers Magellan Aerospace Middletown’s government reporting requirements for VETS 4212 reporting, AAP Reporting records; OSHA log record keeping, maintaining Workers Compensation files and records; and information required for EEO1 Survey compliance.
- Execute daily tasks with minimal supervision; Uses independent judgment; Pays excellent attention to detail while multitasking. Communicate frequently with HR Manager; and recommends process changes
- Answers questions from employees or outside sources, or refers such questions to supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business management or administration; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k plan w/Company match
- Positive work-life balance
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.