Human Resources Specialist Level 2
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: $41.49
Work Location: 2000 Westchester Avenue, Purchase, New York 10577
Top 3 skill sets: 1) Experience with Performance Management or Employee Relations, 2) Comfortable with Excel, 3) Strong communications skills
This role will interface with internal members of Human Resources as well as senior management and employees at all levels of the organization. This role is a unique opportunity to become part of a team of strategic Human Resources professionals dedicated to serving our clients in all aspects of their day-to-day needs.
• Actively work with business leaders and employees to support the day-to-day needs of a diverse range of client groups including:
• Address complex employee relations matters. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations and provides appropriate recommendations to management.
• Provide coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution; support managers on documenting and communicating performance feedback.
• Support the oversight of all recruiting initiatives for the relevant businesses.
• Liaise with other departments (i.e., Legal, Compensation, Benefits) as necessary to resolve issues.
• Support the “year-end” process including Performance Evaluations, Compensation decisions, Promotions, and Talent Review processes.
• Support strategy for diversity, recruiting and retention of hiring staff level employees.
• Participate in the development and implementation of corporate, divisional, and Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicating so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations.
• Facilitate change management by promoting, championing, and supporting organizational change.
• A Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience.
• A strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and verbal and written skills.
• Strong performance management and employee relations experience.
• Strong analytical skills, including comfort with Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high change environment.
• Ability to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization.
• Ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse client base and to engender trust and credibility with managers at all levels and with HR colleagues
• The ability to engage in reasoned dialogue on all issues, to be flexible, and affect change.
• Self-starter with strong project management skills.
• Experience with WorkDay a plus.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills.
• A commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity