Human Resources Specialist Level 2
Duration: 10 months
Pay Rate: $33.34
Work Location: 1585 Broadway, New York, New York 10036
HR Communications Coordinator for Leading Global Financial Services Firm
As a member of the HR Communications team, you will plan, write, edit and coordinate the distribution of a wide range of internal and external messages with an eye toward enhancing readability, quality, detail and innovation. We’re a small team supporting a global organization of 60,000 employees, so you must be a team player who is ever-willing to pitch in and contribute new solutions to further the team’s and HR’s success.
The right candidate is a solid writer and editor with an analytical mind, a hunger to stretch his/her skills, a passion for communicating through the written word and familiarity with digital channels, including web, social and video. You’ll write about a variety of topics, including health, wellness and retirement benefits; executive compensation; recruiting; diversity and inclusion; and performance management. Your strong project management and organizational skills will be critical at each stage of the communications process, from project intake to monitoring the progress of deliverables and prioritizing competing work streams, to ultimately ensuring timely delivery of first-rate work to our clients. You will have frequent exposure to senior HR colleagues, and should be comfortable presenting to that audience.
• Draft, edit, proofread and distribute communications
• Partner with senior members of HR Communications team to develop effective communications strategies that inform and engage Firm and HR employees
• Manage the team’s communications calendar, track incoming requests, and overseeing our progress and deadlines
• Help with the design, creation and ongoing management of shared drives, digital platforms and collaboration/project management tools
• Handle special projects and administrative tasks, and liaise with internal teams and external vendors as needed
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex, technical information into easy-to-understand language
• Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to build relationships across the HR division and Firm, with subject matter experts, members of the legal team, technologists, graphic designers, etc.
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Flexibility, agility and team-oriented focus; able to work calmly, quickly and error-free during stressful times
• Bachelor’s degree – major in communications, marketing, English or liberal arts a plus
• Proven communicator with 2 to 3 years’ experience – HR and/or benefits experience desirable, but not a must
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects
• Self-motivated, strong attention to detail and pride in the quality of your work product
• Working knowledge of HTML and prior expertise in website content development and email platforms (Adobe Experience Manager, Salesforce) very desirable
• Expert knowledge of Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required; working knowledge of Excel, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and Jive (or other social networking platforms for business) desirable