Magellan Aerospace Middletown has an exciting opportunity for knowledgeable and dynamic Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for managing and carrying out human resources activities in the areas of performance management, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan
- Manages Labor Contract
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization
- Manages all benefit plans, and Workers Comp Administration
- Manages the recruitment functions for the organization
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends
- Represents management in negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices
- Supervises Human Resources Department personnel and the President of the Local union.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business management or administration; or one to two years related HR Management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Experience with unions preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.