Reporting to the Vice President of an asset-light, final mile, logistics and transportation provider. Organization is dedicated to high customer service through communication, execution, and integrity. Services include local pickup and delivery, white glove, residential, tradeshow, intermodal, dedicated, regional TL, and freight brokerage.
The Human Resources Manager provides overall leadership and guidance by overseeing the HRIS system, payroll, benefits programs, wellness initiatives, employee recognition, and management development. The role is responsible for the creation, implementation, communication, and maintenance as well as ensuring the legal compliance of company human resource policies and programs. Working directly with employee supervisors, the Human Resources Manager guides improved performance management, training, compensation, and employee relations. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Human Resource Management experience (6+ years)
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of federal & state employment and labor laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of compensation plans, employee benefits programs & payroll processing
- Knowledge of and experience with human resource information systems
- Customer service orientation
- Recruiting (On boarding new employees)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Education: BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university
- Residence: Chicago, IL
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Professional Certification in Human Resources (SPHR, SHRM or similar)
- Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain experience within HR function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Mica Bolta
330.664.9400, ext.120Click here to apply online