Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting new opportunity for Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate in this role will provide leadership in the HR function of the unionized manufacturing facility, in alignment with Company strategy and directives. The individual will lead a small but highly effective team and will have an oversight of all areas of HR, main areas of focus being Labour/Employee Relations and Performance Management. Working in matrix structure the incumbent will act as a strategic partner to the facility's Operations function, while staying aligned with Corporate strategy and actively participating in Magellan's global HR Council.
Key deliverable for the position is maintaining a safe and productive workforce, compliant will all legislative frameworks.
Labour and Employee Relations
- Act as Facility Lead for Union negotiations and all other agreements associated to the collective agreement(s)
- Resolve disputes, complaints, and grievances for all employees
- Manage the exit strategy/process for all personnel leaving the company on a non-voluntary basis and ensure legal & collective agreement compliance.
- Manage personnel to be in compliance with company policies, rules and regulations and all areas of legal compliance (e.g. Human Rights, ESA, etc.).
- Deliver company communications related to Human Resources and company policies, rule and regulations.
- Formulate and align the HR Strategic Plan with company objectives.
- Designing effective budget for the HR Department
- Seek opportunities to improve departmental processes and recommend solutions to ensure effectiveness
- Take part in recruitment and selection strategies.
- Maintain and provide advice in regard to pension and benefits for employees and managers
- Implementing pay structure revisions and oversee payroll and other employment records.
- Manage and ensure compliance and completion for personnel's annual performance appraisals.
- Liaise and work with various levels of management to determine employees areas that require strengthening/improvement
- Create performance improvement plans to align employee's competencies with their position's needs/tasks/duties
- Ensure security of company premises in accordance with CG/ITAR regulations
- Oversee the training function
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with OHSA
- University Degree or College Diploma (or higher) in Human Resources (an asset)
- Professional Accreditations: HRPAO (an asset)
- 10-15 years HR experience in unionized environment with 5–10 years of relevant management experience
- Experience in the manufacturing sector is highly desirable.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.